Power BI Embeded / Multitenancy Direct Query

I’m trying to deploy Power BI Embedded into our app, but I have some issues to resolve with our multi-tenancy and Direct-query

Our set-up:
We have one server that include one database for each of our clients. The schema is the same across all the different customer databases.

Since the data is in each database, I do not see we can use Row Level Security.

So far, the only way I can see it works is by creating one Workspace / report for each client / database, which it is far from ideal.

Anyone has experience in this type of deployment or a different approach?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @ezenunez - Is Data structure in different Databases for client same. If it is same you can check option of combining them in single report or few reports and then apply Row level security so each client see there own data.

If Data Structure is different, then don’t see any other option than creating separate report as Page level access is still not possible inside Power BI.

Thanks
Ankit J

Hi @ezenunez, did the response provided by @ankit help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

THanks Ankit,
We looked at different options with Developers and one was similar to what you have proposed.

Finally he found a way to work it out after using Microsoft support. Once I understand what he has done, I can share it with you if you are interested

Cheers
Ezequiel

1 Like

Hi @ezenunez

Great you resolved your problem. Please share the final solution as this will be helpful for all members facing similar issues.

Thanks
Ankit Jain