Power BI Desktop September 2021 Released

Hi There

Power bi Desktop September 2021 has been released.

Here is the link by microsoft

thanks
Keith

Ah, you beat me to it :wink:

Here is the offical blog post:
Power BI September 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

1 Like

its all good. :slight_smile:

The CALCULATE update is the best one, no need to explain users why they can’t use aggregation functions in predicate statements.

There are a few more updates to functions in this release:

@marcster_uk ,

I feel like this update is sneaky awesome. Most of what’s been added were things you could already do - for example, the new button functionality you could mimic with images and clear buttons on top of them, the line series indicators you could add in Charticulator, etc., but everything becomes much, much easier via the new functionality in this update.

In thinking about the most impactful updates, I think many of them relate to upgrades in the navigational UX within PowerBI, and I think this may end up being one of those.

I’ve also never had much luck with the AI features in Power BI, but I’m eager to run the new Insights update through its paces and see how it performs.

In terms of the monthly present rating, I’m ranking this one as “board games”. May not be the present you’re most excited about when you unwrap it, but at the end of the year may be the one you played with the most and got the most enjoyment from…

– Brian

1 Like

Sneaky Awesome Board Games :slight_smile:
Agree, this update seems to be put in place some funky new functionality.
The DAX improvements to CALCULATE, CALCULATETABLE, FORMAT and XIRR are also welcome additions.
I reckon October’s release will a bumper one :wink: …

2 Likes