Power BI Challenge 19 - Call Centres Data Reporting from Pete

Here’s Pete’s entry for Power BI Challenge 19. @BINavPete, feel free to add other details of your work.

Here’s how Pete described it:

Hi guys

Striking while the iron is hot here and getting the submission finished off. Reckon I’m one of the first submitters. The good fortune of being semi-retired I guess :slightly_smiling_face:

Unlike my golf swing, this challenge submission is for sure a case of getting better with practice. But I’m sure those Experts, R and Deneb guys will have something we can all learn from that’ll wipe the socks off my submission.

The journey was something like this:

• Found a nice dark theme which also offered some good contrasting colours while still looking quite 2022. (Shout out to @BrianJ here - got the theme from PBI tools after watching your video on external tools.)
  • Perfected the help piece and put it in my own template for future use with clients.
  • Thought I’d cracked off bookmarks but couldn’t get two independant bookmark navigators to work/sync properly
  • Incorporated Pascal Kiefer’s click to dial as my custom visual bit. I thought HTML was a bit too much <?><?></?></?> for me but I managed to go off on a mini tour of KTeams website and learnt a bit of HTML to make the free visual a bit smarter. I can see some real world use cases for this.
  • Used sparklines for the first time. ( not overly exciting but they do add a bit to the table)
  • Getting time in Hrs mins and sec was a bit funky but persevered.

@FPastor - When you get the PBIX you’ll see a hidden page called Pete’s thoughts. It goes into my journey in a bit more depth than above. As a thought starter for future challenges it might be good for entrants to put a page like this into their PBIX. Then the trainers might pick up some stuff to showcase/video.

Good Luck everybody else
Pete

Here’s the link to the report:

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

Thank you for your entry to the Enterprise DNA Challenge @BINavPete!

All entries can now be accessed inside the Enterprise DNA On-Demand Platform
Power BI Challenge 19 - Call Center Data Reporting | Enterprise DNA

See you on the next challenge!!