Power BI Challenge 17 - Environmental Data Reporting from Sebastian (Newcomer)

Here’s Sebastian’s entry for Power BI Challenge 17. @Slipper, feel free to add other details of your work.

Here’s how Sebastian described it:

Hi together,

Here’s my entry to the challenge, it’s my first time participating so don’t be too harsh :sweat_smile:

Colour theme:
I had the idea for the theme before I read about the requirement for the colourblind friendliness,
I checked and got a supposely suitable colour theme which I used for the visualisation,
while maintaining my initial idea in the background theme & navigation.

Approach:
Looking at the data and the topic I knew I wanted to incorporate the geographical aspect so I decided to add a map to each page, I decided to show state values over location for contamination and asthma, and kept the location level for rainfall and air toxines.
Then I look into other angles and filter which could be useful to apply and tried to incorporate this to each page. For rainfall I struggled with the days analysis/harmonization so I decided to leave this out and just went with %. For asthma I left out the race component in the analysis.
I added some filter buttons on the side where I believe it may be useful.
Other than that I just went with the flow, added some growth rates, distribution charts etc. what seemed insightful. For some results I defer from other entries, so my DAX maybe a bit off in some cases.

Hope you like it, appreciate feedback and suggestions how to improve.

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

1 Like

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

super submission Sebastian. this is a really comprehensive report and I like lots of aspects of how you’ve bought built a web based application around your report.

I really like the front page and the simple navigation experience you’ve created throughout.

also like the color theme in general. I’m not sure it really goes with the background as much but it is consistent so I appreciate that.

the analysis is great and I really like how thoughtful you have been around the design of each page and utilizing the grid patterns. B insights really stand out and very easy for a consumer to navigate to whatever they need

really love the executive summary page as well. I think it is one of the best executions of it during this challenge. really well summarized and love the fact you have taken a key KP and made it into a card.

Nice work on this. Impressive.

1 Like