Power BI Challenge 17 - Environmental Data Reporting from Pete (Newcomer)

Here’s Pete’s entry for Power BI Challenge 17. @BINavPete, feel free to add other details of your work.

Here’s how Pete described it:

Hey guys
Inaugural challenge boy here. Treat me gently! This is a long way removed for me. I’m normally managing financials :slightly_smiling_face:

Some of you guys are just stunning at this stuff. Reckon you all need to get out more and I need to stay indoors and practice.

Any tips or pointers on themes an presentation appreciated here. Plus any general comments. But really fun thing to go at.

Pete

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

hey Pete thanks for getting involved. Really appreciate the efforts and for producing a comprehensive report.

Definitely a few visualization elements stick out to me as quick areas of improvement. Just making sure you’ve got an overall color theme that is consistent and works well together as a simple and quick fix. it will make your insights stand out that little bit more.

one of the other things that I don’t really like to mix so much is rectangles and circular edges. I think the contrast just doesn’t generally work together so I try to keep everything the same by choosing one or the other.

I really like your summary page though that gives the user a lot of insights upfront and shows them what to expect as they work through the report. i think that’s a really nice touch and you’ve set it up in a unique way which i think works well.

I think also one of the small upgrades you could make is sticking to a grid pattern with better alignment between some of the backgrounds in your visuals. I don’t think it would take much honestly it would just be small adjustments to the size of the visuals and making sure that they are set out in a grid format.

anyway I really appreciate the overall efforts and does seem like you spend a bit of time on this so I appreciate the involvement. look forward to seeing more in due course.