Power BI Challenge 17 - Environmental Data Reporting from Diana

Here’s Diana’s entry for Power BI Challenge 17. @DianaWill, feel free to add other details of your work.

Here’s how Diana described it:

I got a cognitive overload analyzing the data. So, I focused on one metric in each subject area that impacts the quality of life. In other words, the social impact. The Dashboard page sets the context with the subject area pages providing focused detail. Overall, the report is not a data deep dive but rather a status report on conditions. Honestly, you could spend a month, full time, analyzing this data.

The learning opportunity was to be mindful of accessibility issues. Also, this is my first opportunity to try the new page navigation released in November 2021. I think a vertical bar may look better but a lateral bar leans more towards accessibility.

I’d appreciate your feedback-
Diana

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

Really love the simplicity in your design and the nice natural navigation experience.

colors are also brilliant. keeping it simple here is the key and you’ve done that very well

I also can appreciate some of the minor details that you’ve used particularly the shape map which I think is used really effectively and looks really nice. Also the way you’ve used text to tell a story is one of the more unique takes on this challenge which I really appreciate and think is a fantastic way too add additional context to what a consumer is viewing.

really good insights as well so All in all I’m very impressed by this submission and really appreciate the effort that has gone into creating it.

the descriptions around all of the different insights and also your notes are really comprehensive and really appreciate the where you’ve gone about things here.

1 Like