Power BI Challenge 17 - Environmental Data Reporting from Carlos (Non-member)

Here’s the entry from one of our non-member participants, Carlos.

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

nice one Carlos. big and bold is how I describe your reports here. I’m not sure I’m convinced of the use around 3D visualizations. think that this is something that I would normally be against but it honestly doesn’t look too bad so I’m going to commend you on your creativeness.

I also like how you’ve kept things really simple and haven’t overcomplicated anything. Which makes it more in shooting for the user so really well done on that.

maybe for next time an idea would be to get more creative on your visualizations and how you set them out within a report page. Maybe start using the bookmarks feature or tooltips etc to enable the user to drill down into specific aspects of the report.

maybe that’s a way you can challenge yourself next time.

thanks for getting involved this round.

Carlos,

You’ve done something never before seen in the Enterprise DNA Challenges, which is submitting an Excel/PowerPoint entry in order that you could apply your industrial chemistry background to this problem. I sincerely applaud your commitment here and desire to add value for the client and the community working on this challenge.

I know you are working hard on developing your Power BI skills, and think that the work you’ve put in here preparing and analyzing the data will allow you to gain much more from reviewing the other entries in this challenge that if you hadn’t invested that time. I think @sam.mckay comments regarding the specifics of your visualizations are spot on, and reflect the same strengths and areas for improvement that I would’ve highlighted.

I very much look forward to seeing your work on future challenges, and thank you for your contributions here.

– Brian