Power BI Challenge 16 - Timesheet Utilisation Reporting from Jarrett

Here’s Jarrett’s entry for Power BI Challenge 16. @JarrettM, feel free to add other details of your work.

Here’s how Jarrett described it:

All,

Here is my entry for this Challenge Didn’t have a bunch of time to allocate to this, but got something completed.

Had a hard time getting to excited about this dataset. I’m sure the dataset numbers were skewed a bit, because I don’t know how someone could make a living charging the rates that this consultant did. As a full time consultant myself, I always try to charge a “Package Price” per project, instead of an hourly rate. Most clients always pick the package price, when they see how much the hourly rate is.
I got rid of all the break data, since as a consultant, you only get paid for billable hours. It might be nice to track how much time you are spending on breaks, but it is up to you to complete the project in a timely manner so that you get paid! I concentrated on Earnings for this entry, and included some what if analysis to see how much more this consultant could have made if they charged a higher hourly rate. I did think his was a great exercise to see the possibilities of how we could improve our business as consultants.

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

1 Like

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

Nice one Jarrett. Thanks for getting involved in this one. I myself didn’t have any time this round so totally understand. Simple and effective is what I would call this one. Answers the key questions and enables a user to drill down into the key insights that they might want to know for decision making.

I like the colors actually. How you’ve used the background to generate your palette. And it all works and nicely together also like the EDNA consulting. Maybe this could be a new revenue stream for us!

Chrs

Sam

2 Likes