Power BI Challenge 14 - Emergency Services Analytics from Mazen (Non-member)

Here’s the entry from one of our non-member participants, Mazen.

Here’s how Mazen described it:

I am an EMBA graduate from Hult International Business School. My last course was Business Intelligence with Professor Luis Escamilla. For the final assignment, he asked us to challenge ourselves by trying to solve for any of the posted challenges on your website, with emphasis on challenge 14.

I felt the need to provide the background and explain why this submission looks different from the rest due to its academic nature as I am also submitting it as the final assignment for my course.

This report is intended for the Foundational Trust of Medicine management. It is generated based on a sample data set provided by Enterprise DNA covering the emergency services cases of 2020. The report uses this data to offer high-level statistical, performance, and operational analysis in addition to a few recommendations.

The data was provided in an excel file. Upon ingesting into Power BI, the data required preparation and transformation to make it better suited for reporting purposes in terms of applying calculations and presentation usability.

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

1 Like

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

Nice one and it’s great to have you involved in the challenges. Hopefully this won’t be your last and you can see the benefits of continuing to test yourself on a whole range of different data sets.

I actually really like a lot of your report there are certainly some things on the visualisation side and some best practices that would be good to incorporate for next time.

Those include making sure you have clear titles for each different page, also making sure your colours and too varied and you’re sticking to a consistent theme.

These are easy fixes and all you have to do to get inspiration around these as to leverage off some of the others reports and submissions that are located within enterprise DNA‘s website and even on past challenges.

I love all of the statistical work that you have brought into your design and insights that adds a lot of key information, and makes the data super interesting .

I like how you’ve brought in some different design aspects with backgrounds and imagery so well done on how your thought that through .

Well done and look forward to seeing you again soon on the forum .

Sam

1 Like