Power BI Challenge 14 - Emergency Services Analytics from Federico (Newcomer)

Here’s Federico’s entry for Power BI Challenge 14. @FPastor, feel free to add other details of your work.

Here’s the link to the report:

And here’s how Federico described it:

About my “Emergency Report” and inspiration.

1. Inspiration: EDNA Showcases, Canvas Theme and the next.
  2. I have tried to keep it simple but at the same time use a few tricks and hacks to show case some of the possibilities.
  3. Measures are nothing of the complicated sorts. Some Averages, Calculate and Time Intel. Enough to answer, more or less, the Challenge’ brief.
  4. The Intro Page has been given a website/app themes with a Navigation menu at the top, Title, Senior Management pics, contact information (Tooltip descriptions) and Burger Menu at the top right….”I leave this to be opened by you”.
  5. The Services Overview provides an general inside into the Operations of Emergency Services.
  6. Staff Performance refers as per the title to Staff’s metrics with a couple of interesting heatmaps using Conditional Formatting Ranking. Credit to Antriksh Sharma. Also provides the end user with a table measuring Calls, Minutes on Call and some Time Intel on this attributes. Couple of hacks the use of whitespaces in some of the columns with some bar conditional formatting and the use of symbols from the window ‘s emojis short cut.
  7. And the final Page, Stations/Hospitals & Patients give also a good views on Calls and Minutes on Call over Stations & Hospital and briefly summarizes Patients Gender & Age groups.

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

1 Like

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

Awesome colours and I love how you have put them in a grid layout. It’s clear as can be in your report and creates such a better consumer experience when your visualisation’s are designed in this way and in this pattern.

Just the contrast in colours really makes your insights stand out then if you have bland or pastel colours. It’s such a small change but I think it makes such a big difference to how your reports are viewed.

Also like how you’ve told are you story through the menu bar that you have created. He walks the consumer through your story at every click which is really smart.

This is a fabulous submission and really glad you participated in this challenge. Really look forward to you getting involved in future ones and showcasing your skills even more.

Sam

3 Likes

@FPastor ,

Please check your Direct Messages. I had a question for you about getting involved in a new EDNA initiative. Thanks.

• Brian

Thank you Sam for your kind words on my report.
FPastor