Power BI Benchmarking using IF Statement's

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I know I have many questions I ask, so first of thank you for always getting back to me on here!

Really do appreciate the help more importantly the great content!

I have a question on Benchmarking. If you dont mind to shed some light on this in Power BI.
I know the below DAX functions (the format below) could benchmark against a Min and Max of lets say Sales for example. So…

Excellent Sales would be from Min XXXXX and Max XXXXX.
Good Sales would be from Mix XXXXX and Max XXXXX using similar DAX format as below.
But this way is not very dynamic because the Power BI users would need to change the Min and Max if they wanted to change sceniaro for Min or Max.

ClassifyCustomer = CALCULATE([Total Sales],
      FILTER(VALUES(Customer[Customer Names]),COUNTROWS(FILTER('Custom Groups',
       RANKX(ALL(Customer[Customer Names]),[Total Sales],,DESC)>='Custom Groups'[Min Rank]
        && RANKX(ALL(Customer[Customer Names]),[Total Sales],,DESC)<='Custom Groups'[Max Rank]))>0))
  1. This is my query I have.
    For an audience to view a report in a dynamic way how can this be done.
    As you can see what I am trying to do in this report is show only Metric Selection where the value is >=Excellent Bechmark Number, and if so, it returns the Metric Selection.

2. Is there a away I could potentially do this particular analysis with an IF statement. As I have come from an Excel background i prefer much more SWITCH or IF’s.

3.And after this the end goal would be to see how much value is in each bucket of Averagem Excellent, Good.
Do you see what I mean?

What you likely want to do here is create a dynamic supporting table.

What I mean by this is create a table via DAX formula using the table feature, and within the formula have dynamic min and max numbers.

This really is a combination of many techniques that are covered in the material. I just haven’t done anything specifically on this all combined together.

You’ll want to take aspects of this techniques

Also this one

How you create the table with DAX is the important part here. You need to think about a formula that enables you to input logic around what the min and max needs to be based on what the users will want.

ADDCOLUMNS and SUMMARIZE are two good ideas on where to start with this and you can create internal logic within there functions that can produce dynamic numbers which by the sounds of it is what you need in this case.