Power BI API's - (Power BI Enterprise Governance)

Hello team
Just wanted to know if @BrianJ you have any ideas if the EDA has any plans for doing a course on deveoping a Power BI Enterrpise Governance Framework - specifcally looking at working with API’s/Powershell. (modular deep dive)

Just from my own experience at work - we have Power BI Premimum. We have the default metrics microsoft gives, but there are so many more insights we as users have at our disposable, that I am not sure most of us are aware of. I have seen a massive “value add” with using the API’s (Capacity Metrics/sometimes PowerShell), and the impotance this has on managing cost from P1/P2/P3 nodes in the organisation.

Keen to get your thoughts.

Thanks
Shrik

@BrianJ, I know that there’s a talk planning to cover administration and governance in the coming months but I’m not sure how deep that talk was going to go or if we were planning to go into Powershell & the Power BI API’s, do you know? Do you have any more details on that talk?

@Shrik,

Thanks a lot for your input. Yes, we do have a portal course scheduled for release the second half of 2021 that @sam.mckay is developing and serving as the instructor on. I don’t know whether he plans to cover this particular topic, but would be glad check with him. I know neither Sam nor I have access to Power BI Premium, but potentially we could pull in one of the other members of the expert team who does.

I’ll talk with @sam.mckay and get back to you soon. Thanks again for the suggestion, and keep the feedback coming. It really helps us tailor our content decisions to the members’ needs.

• Brian

Thanks for the suggestions, will note this down and see if we can include then this year in our content plans