Power Automate Workout 05 - Adding Comments To Flows

Here is what a particular tab will look like with a comment added after each step. I find it helpful when adding comments, to always refer to which step you are referencing.

In this workout we are going to use Power Automate Desktop to create a flow that will add comments to each of the steps in a flow. If you participated last week, just add a comment to each step, on every tab, to explain what each step is doing. If you didn’t participate last week, don’t worry, just create a flow with multiple steps, and add comments after each step. There really is no wrong answer in this workout, unless you leave on a comment on a step.

Using comments in flows helps explain what a previous step accomplished, and is also very helpful if multiple people have access toa flow, or if you are passing a flow over to another user .

When posting your solution, please make sure to blur out your results of what the Main tab looks like.

Enjoy
Jarrett

Hi Jarrett,

Here is the workout.

thanks
Keith

1 Like

Hi Jarrett,

below is my solution.

Solution

Thank you for the workouts

1 Like

Thanks for the workout. I found your video which was helpful and I really like your workaround to document the flow.

Summary

1 Like

Here is my solution to this workout. There really is no wrong answer in this workout, as long as you added comments to each of your steps. Adding comments to your flows will definitely make help explain some of your steps that don’t have much explanation. For Example, I use the “Send Mouse Click” step quie a bit, and adding comments to those steps helps explain where and why I’m sending a mouse click.

I’ll post the next Workout tomorrow!

Thanks
Jarrett

Answer:
Hi Jarrett,

Here is the workout.

thanks
Keith