Power Automate Workout 01 - Current Date & Time

Difficulty Rating: 1 out of 5

In this workout we are going to use Power Automate Desktop to create a flow to get the Current Date & Time, then format that result to show the Current Time in the format of the picture above.

Hint: There are actions in Power Automate Desktop that will retrieve the Current Date & Time, Format it, and allow you to display a message like you see in the screenshot above.

This is a fairly quick and simple flow, but hopefully this helps you learn a few of the actions that are possible in Power Automate Desktop.

Post your submission in the same format at the screenshot provided. You may also provide a copy of the steps of your flow as well, but please blur out those steps if possible.

Enjoy
Jarrett

2 Likes

Hi Jarrett,
Thanks for the Workout. I did find it very easy especially with the hint however it was great to learn features I didn’t know about.

3 Likes

Power Automate Workout Participants,

We’re starting out very easy on this one to give folks just getting started with Power Automate a chance to set up their environment.

We have an extensive collection of blog articles on Power Automate, which you can find here:

https://blog.enterprisedna.co/?s=power+automate

Subsequent to this week’s rollout, @JarrettM will be posting new workouts every Wednesday, so Workout #2 will be coming on Wed. March 29, and then weekly after that.

Thanks for participating!

• Brian
1 Like

Hi Jarret,

Here is my sample for this work out. I did a browse of current examples and found date and time Flow. (played around with it )

I changed the Message display to “Date and Time right now” and included day and time within the display message box.

This is my first time using Power Automate desktop

thanks
Keith

3 Likes

Hi Jarret

I have created the Power Automate Desktop flow for Workout 01 and found it fun, as I haven’t used Power Automate Desktop before.

2 Likes

This was a good introductory to Power Automate for me.

Now, let’s see if I can paste my results without giving it away.

2 Likes

Here is my automation flow. Thanks for the intro to Power Automate. I cannot wait to be proficient at this.
Power Automate Workout 001.pdf (38.2 KB)

1 Like

Here’s my entry. Intrigued to learn more about Power Automate. I’ve used Power Automate few different ways in Power BI.

Workout_001_submission
2 Likes

Thanks for the workout Jarrett. Here is my submission. :slightly_smiling_face:

Current Date & Time

Flow

1 Like

• Brian
6 Likes

wow…talk about being creative :slight_smile: @BrianJ

1 Like

@Keith ,

Late on a Friday, after a long week – seemed like the right way to go… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

Brian wins this round :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you Jarret for the workout!

Somehow it doesn’t show PM or AM, although I uses hh:mm:ss tt? Is this due to the settings in windows?

Solution

@bastiaan ,

The reason it is showing that way is because of the way you have it formatted in your second step.

Check out the example flow in your Power Automate Desktop to see how it was setup

Thanks
Jarrett

All,

Here is my solution to this workout, but if you formatted the Date/Time a bit different, you will get different results, but main goal of this session was to familairize you with the Date/Time functions within Power Automate Desktop.

Thanks
Jarrett

** I will post Workout 2 later this afternoon **

1 Like

The tt setting depends on the culture. Because my culture has the european time, am and pm is not showing.

Hi Jarrett: This is a first attempt of my first Flow, but I get a Company Policy violation message, it could be because I am not FTE, therefore unable to save. I opened a ticket.

1 Like