Power Apps Workout 01 - Link Textbox and Label

In this workout, we will start with a simple task of linking a Text Input and a Text Label.

The objective is to create a sample Canvas app where there are two Controls (a Text Label and a Text Input), and that the Text Label is linked to the Text Input, so that the Text Labels show the exact input that has been entered in the textbox.

Although this App is relatively quick and easy to complete, it will hopefully provide you with some insights into the various actions that can be performed in Power Apps. Please submit your solution in the by taking a screenshot of your Power App, showing the “formula” you used to link the label and textbox together.

Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions.

Henry

1 Like

Hi all,

Here is the answer to the Workout. After you create a Label and Text Input, then:

1. Select the Label Control
  2. Select the Text Property of the Label Control
  3. Change the “fx” to the Text Property of your Text Input Control. In this case, it’s “TextInput1.Text”

After that, the Label Control will match exactly with what the user type into the TextInput Control.

Best,
Henry

@henry.habib -

Great start on this and I’m looking forward to these. I’m late to the game, but here is a screenshot of my app. The box in red is the label and I just put a red border around it.

Ready for the next one.

Hi,

late but I will still try to catch up.

Solution