Pay Period End Date

Hi Folks! I’m a Power BI newbie and this is my first post. I have a number of Entrance on Duty dates(EODs). This reflects when employees started working for our org. I also have a number of pay period end dates. Our pay periods cover 14 days from Sunday to Saturday. I want to replicate a graph that shows two things: 1)How many employees started during each pay period and 2)A cumulative total of employees that have started work with our org. Our fiscal year starts 10/1/2019 and ends on 9/30/2020. I have searched the forum for posts like this, but maybe I am not using the right search terms. Can you guys point me in the right direction? I have attached a pbix file with the PP End Dates, the EODs, and a Date Table. I have also attached an image of what I am trying to replicate.

Pay Period Example.pbix (194.0 KB) Pay Period image to replicate.docx (64.6 KB)

@talk2gwhite,

Welcome to the forum - great to have you here!

One immediate thing I noticed on first glance at your file - there are no relationships between your tables. Without that, none of your DAX will work properly. For guidance on setting up your data model, I highly recommend going through the Data Modeling and Advanced Transformations course ASAP.

Also, here’s a thread on using the range of really robust search tools on the forum:

Finally, @Greg has put together a terrific DAX Patterns section on Cumulative Totals that should be very helpful.

If you still have questions after going through these, just give a shout and we can work through the specifics of your case.

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian

Thank you! I appreciate the quick turnaround. I’ll review your suggestions, implement what I can, and come back if I need to.

1 Like

It’s great to know that you are making progress with your query @talk2gwhite. Please don’t forget if your question has been answered within the forum it is important to mark your thread as ‘solved’. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!