Paginated Report Questions

All questions pertain to paginated reports for PBI service

1. If I have a premium per user account and create a paginated report in a premium workspace, can pro license users consume (view) the report?

2. Are SharePoint libraries a valid data source for paginated reports?

3. Are excel files housed on SharePoint a valid data source for paginated reports?

4. Can paginated reports be embedded in a SharePoint Online site?

Thank you

Not sure on questiond 2,3 4.
But short answer to Q1 is no. One workaround I have used is to distribute the rdl file to users and they can run a report from the designer. Bi clunky but does work

Pete

1 Like

Hi everyone, bumping this post for more visibility.

Hi @Austinjdonahue did the response provided by the @BINavPete help solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as “solution”. Thanks!

@Austinjdonahue

Regarding the additional questions - my understanding (without having ever built a Paginated report) is that anything you can use as a data source for a PBIX file can be used to source the Paginated report.

It is even possible to use an existing dataset (connected to PBIX files) as the source for your Paginated report.

Hi @Austinjdonahue, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since April 29th. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @Austinjdonahue, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.