Pag Reports - Matrix Row page breaks before column page breaks

Hi guys.
Not sure I categorised this or whether there are any paginated reports experts here but here goes.

I have a paginated report with a matrix tablix. For example purposes colums of regions and rows of depts. The dept then has child rows

When I print the order of the pages is
Region 1 Dept 1
Region 2 Dept 1
Region 1 Dept 2
Region 2 Dept 2

How do I change this so that it prints
Region 1 Dept 1
Region 1 Dept 2
Region 2 Dept 1
Region 2 Dept 2

The question is really in excel speak how do I replicate “down then over” rather than “over then down”

Looking forward to help
Kind Regards
Pete

1 Like

Hi Pete,

are you able to post a picture of how your tablix is set up? Feel free to mask the data.

David

Hi @Pete673. Paginated reports are really just a superset of SSRS reports, both using an .rdl (xml) file format. I’d search the web for tablix printing page order in SSRS reports.
Greg

1 Like

Hi,

Report Card with Paginated Reports (Part 2): Create a Report Card in Report Builder | Next Step BI

Points 14 & 15 might be what you are looking for.

DJ

Hi Greg
Yes I know it’s just SSRS in disguise. And I’ve been googling away for three hours on the subject before I posted!!!

Just don’t seem to be able to find a fix. Lots of stuff on keeping row headers and column headers and lots of stuff on page breaks. Just can’t find what I need!

Pete

Hi David
Difficult to share report, but the post should be enough to explain the problem

Did check out you link too, That one is lookin at table rather than matrix

Pete

1 Like

Ah, I wasn’t sure if the link would apply to Tablix’s also, worth a shot. Most of the reports I’ve created have used tables so not had massive experience with Tablix, apologies.

David

@Pete673 You should ask this question here:

1 Like

Hi @Pete673 , we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 22nd of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi All
I never managed to solve my issue within one tablix.
But solved with a work around by copying the tablix for each region and filtering the region I wanted.
Not ideal but it worked and the report runs at a satisfactory speed.

More importantly I need to apolgise about my etiquette on the forum.
58 years old and don’t really do social media. I was talking about the three exclamation marks with my wife and she put me right. Had no idea. So big apologies to @Greg once again.

Pete

1 Like

Glad you found a work around.
Greg

1 Like