OneLake best practice

Hi

I am an intermediate user of Power BI. All the reports I have made to date take a variety of data either from APIs or from excel files for use in a single report. I then publish these reports along with the data on to our finance team workspace.

What I would like to do is create lots of data sets in OneLake for people to link to when they create their own Power BI reports rather than having lots of the same datasets uploaded that may not all be refreshed. For example I would have a financial reporting folder which contains different tables of financial information, a customer folder and so on. People would then create reports that link to this data which would be audited and controlled by one person and all refreshed at the same time.

What is the best way to do this? I will be predominantly be bringing information in from Anaplan using an API as well as excel files.

I’ve gone through the fabric documentation buts it’s quite confusing!

Thanks

fabric is all new to everyone. I think everyone is trying to figure out what is the best practices in alot of powerbi/fabric.

Thanks Keith. Any suggestions on where to find more info?

Check the Fabric/power bi Documentation on Microsoft

Microsoft Fabric documentation - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn