Not able to change data label font color

Friends, i am facing a difficulty in applying conditional formatting to change color for data label in a column chart. Although same is working quite well while applying conditional formatting on column colors. I dont know may be i am missing a trick. I experimented with all using gradient, rule and field but none is working as desired.
Suppose i want to change data label color as per sales amount or as per a category.
It will be grateful if any one can spare his/her precious time to help.

LABEL FONT.pbix (673.9 KB)

Thanks and regards

Before you send your question.
Make sure that all details relevant to your question is complete:

• Your current work-in-progress PBIX file - VERY IMPORTANT
  • A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing
  • A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your underlying data file

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Also make sure that your data file contains no confidential information. If it does, click the link above.

*** DELETE THIS MESSAGE IF YOU ARE SURE ALL YOUR DETAILS ARE COMPLETE OR IF THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS NOT APPLICABLE TO YOUR QUESTION.***

1 Like

Apparently this is a known issue - the condition for data labels looks at the overall number, not as filtered by the row context.

Here is a comment on this on the Power BI community forum:

thanks for reply sir

regards

it appears that Microsoft is listening - if you are able to use the latest update (August 2022) - they are working on this problem (apparently there will be additional changes coming in the following months)

I THINK the updates they have already made might solve your issue

3 Likes