Need help with Extended Date Table

Hi. I watched a lesson from Brian Julius on this fantastic date table available at Creating a dynamic Start-/EndDate for the Date table

However, after searching a lot, I cannot get it to run dynamically on its start and end dates, even after reading the link with function examples.

So, on the following pbix (please disconsider the date table already created through Bravo), how can I make the extended date table start and end dates go through the “Date of Last Order” min and max dates?

[Cláudio] Inventory Management.pbix (545.7 KB)

Thanks in advance

There is workout #2 under the modelling selection that goes through on how to create the start and end date.

Did you put the functions for the beginning and ending dates in the date function query that creates the date table?

Check this video out by Mellisa (EDNA expert on Power Query) that take you through the process.

This is using the EDNA Date table.

thanks
Keith

Hi @klein.keagan. You can check-out Data Modelling Workout 02 as well where we went through this exact issue.
Greg

3 Likes

Thank you guys. The video helped me find a very simple solution, which is grab the earliest and latest date from the date column from the fact table, copy the code, replace it in the start and end dates in the date table and rename what appears under " " with the table name.

Regards :grinning: