Navigation iconpage

Hello Everyone,

Is there a resource here that has navigation icons ?

With Power BI bookmarks etc it becomes more and more compelling to add navigation icon when you are developing dashboards.

One icon I’m using now in my dashboard with a Clear Filter icon/button
But I’m getting closer and closer to pushing it to another level. I really like the main page where it navigates to a specific page. The bottom page tabs are no longer needed.

But I find myself surfing to find a nice set of navigation icons that I can use in my Power BI dashboards. I’m looking for a “family” of free icons that will add value, both aesthetically and friendliness.

Thanks

Eric (Montreal, Canada)

1 Like

Hello @ericet,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

When it comes to using icons in the Power BI reports page mostly we all prefer to use the icons from the “Flaticons” website. So below the link of that website provided for the reference from where you can download the free icons as well as premium one’s as well.

Also you can participate into the Power BI Data Challenges as well and where the winner of the challenge can also get the subscription to preimum version of the flaticons. @BrianJ has created a post for that. Below is the link provided for the reference of that post as well.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your requirements that you’ve been looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like

Flaticon is a great resource - and I don’t disagree with anything Harsh mentioned above.
But, I suggest you don’t disregard the built-in option that Microsoft has included.

Microsoft has now included text icons - if you click the Windows Icon and the . symbol, you bring up this interface:

1 Like

@ericet,

I’m a big fan of and long-time subscriber to FlatIcon. One of the things that makes the premium subscription really valuable is the full access to their icon editor – makes it easy to change colors of icons to match your theme, swap transparency masks, change resolution, etc. Also lets you create online collections of frequently used icons.

I think it’s well worth $99 per year, but with some careful shopping you can get it for much less than that. Usually twice a year, once in the spring and once around Black Friday they run huge sales on annual membership – sometimes offering up to 50% off the $99 fee. In addition, if you Google FlatIcon and coupon or discount, you can find a bunch of sites that offer up to 30% off the annual membership. Not all the coupons work so you have to do a little trial and error, but you can usually find some available reduction between their official twice annual sales.

I hope this is helpful.

– Brian

2 Likes

Hi @ericet did the response provided by the users and experts help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, I know flaticons very well in fact I bought a Lifetime Deal Big Bundle last October.

But I thought maybe you guys here had a nice set of standard navigation icons that we could use here for our projects and not have to hunt these down. Not easy having a nice set of icons that are the same style etc anyway just a suggestion. Let’s have a Enterprise DNA standard navigation icons set created for everyone to use, enjoy and save time.

Thanks

1 Like

@ericet,

I use White Icons a bunch, and it is free. I would also go through all of the Challenge Entries on the portal. There are many entries that use Icons as navigation tools in their reports.

Thanks
Jarrett

4 Likes

Great suggestion, did not know this web site.

Thanks

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware that they offered a lifetime subscription option. What was the cost of that?

• Brian

It was a special offer by stacksocial.com last october 2020 at 49.99$ but I cannot download individuel icons I need to download a huge zip file with all the icons and find the icon I want …

I actually contacted them again yesterday, it’s a real pain to do that most of the time I just use Google. Because too many icons and too much time to find the icon I want. I’m working on that, I need some icons for a Power BI I’m doing for a customer. I’ll give it another try this weekend.

@ericet,

Jeez, that sounds like a nightmare. I don’t think I’ve ever downloaded a whole icon pack.

I’m curious to hear what others reading the thread think of your suggestion to have a commonly agreed to set of standard EDNA navigation icons. Were there any free ones on Flaticon that you particularly liked/recommend?

• Brian
1 Like

Hi @ericet I’m also looking for a similar set of financial icons for a project.

Free and aesthetically pleasing might be hard to achieve but I have found the https://www.fiverr.com/ a good resource to get something you like built and customized to your specifications…and you get the original artwork files so you can make changes in future…

2 Likes

Thanks Jarrett, now added White Icons to my favourites page!

Yes, I know fiverr.com very well.

2 projects with this web site.

My company logo and an update of my house in SketchUp 3D.

Awesome site to find talented people from around the world.

1 Like