Multiple Data Lables

I am new to Deneb Viz and trying to figure out how to show data lables of budget and actuals both in bar graph… Where to turn on / off the data labels of bars

DENEB-WORKING.pbix (2.6 MB)

Hi @amarhasnani.

There is no data label on\off for bar marks (or any mark, for that matter) in Deneb\Vega-Lite. To show data labels you’ll need to add additional text mark objects to your code. (In your case, in the same layer block as your 2 existing bar marks.)

An example of layer block containing both bar and text marks was presented in a previous Deneb Showcase thread and may be of interest.

Hope it helps.
Greg

Thank you Greg, I tried adding 2 mark to the layer but seems the value are overalaping in category … any way to fix data lables?

Hi @amarhasnani. Unfortunately, I’m not able to determine a cause from your screenshot, but can only guess that you’re perhaps showing all data values in the top visual and aggregated values in the bottom visual. If you’d like further investigation, please upload a PBIX file and a screenshot marked-up with your desired outcome.

Hope it helps.

Greg

Hello @amarhasnani

Did the responses above help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

Hi @amarhasnani

Due to inactivity, we’d like to conclude that you no longer require assistance to solve your inquiry.

If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.