Multiple Conditions Scenario Analysis

Hi,

I have seen the training materials so far but have not yet seen the What if with multiple conditions linked to various data parameters.

For E.g if i have to build a model with the multiple what if conditions like.

City X to grow with X% and product within the city to grow with y% and brand within that product to grow with Z% and City B to grow with different percentages for product and brand that is not similar to City X.
I want to create a multi conditional scenario different growth rates for different cities and different products and different brands. Can i do that?

What i have seen i so far universal application of price, demand and profit scenario that is applied across all product.

thanks for your help.

krish

Hi @krish1712

I’ve not worked on this scenario personally, but I’m sure if you have your data in that format, product wise, location wise demand and price scenario.

The approach would be similar as used in below video.

1 Like

Hi Ankit,

thanks for sharing, i have gone through this unfortunately this is not something that helps, while i was specific i was looking for different scenarios changes in % for different regions and products to run the analysis.

e.g-- i wanted to check if i can have a Region X grow by 6% and Region Z by 7% and product growth in Region X by 10% and products growth in Region Z by 8%… i wanted a customized table with different growth rates for different products and regions.’

not sure i have been able to explain well.

regards
k

Hi,
Could you share an example pbix of what you have achieved so far? How many cities and products are you including?
This is an interesting case, given the potential high number of combinations it may not be practical to use a switch formula. Instead creating a virtual table that “harvests” the selected value from the slicers with the percentages seems a viable solution.
Paul

Hi again,

Please see an example with two test pages, test 2 is probably the best solution. Is this in your line of thinking?
test PL.pbix (266.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi paul,

yes, this is what i was looking for, but with a model that could involve 10 countries and more than 80 products, is there a better way of simplifying it.

by the way you were able to crack the model and kudos to you…

cheers
k

Hi,

Thanks, as I mentioned I find this interesting, I have come across this requirement a couple of times and wanted to find some sort of a solution, albeit maybe not the best in your situation with 800 combinations, although it works.

Anyone else suggestions?
Paul

Paul,

nevertheless it has been very helpful to have your input, i am just a beginner and need to have lot of learning here :slight_smile:
cheers
k

Hi Experts,

i will share a bit more about the real issue on this and i need help, i am preparing a future year projections, my current model includes the lowest level of granularity for product at a sku level and by different business in different countries. I want to develop a future model based on the following.

1. Current level of granularity of data-- Sku–> brand–>business sgement–> country…
  2. I want to create a future projection at based on --> business segement --> country

the rate of growth will be different % for different countries with Volume projections increase and price projections increase for Business segment and Country…

How do i build this model where the lowest level of data now is SKU but i want to have future projections at different % that i will fix for a business and Country…

i am not sure if i am making it clear but hope i can get help.

regards
k

Hi All,

I am attaching an excel table that provides perhaps more clarity and details on what i am looking for. i am looking for developing model for 2021 based on 2020 results for Brand and Business for volume and price.

any help to solve this would be extremely helpful.

i thought of having all the information in a related table of products going Sku by sku and providing future year projections in % but that would be extremely tedious considering i have 800 products and 10 business and 10 countries.

regards
k

regards
kBI Conditional Model.xlsx (10.0 KB)

Hi Experts,

Any help on this is highly welcome :).

rgds
k