Multiple Choice Answers in Power BI

CSAssessmentReport.xlsx (26.7 KB)
Assessment Dashboard Pilot.pbix (74.6 KB)
So have a file where we are trying to upload to Power BI but for some of the answers it is only one choice while others can have multiple choices. However when you go to the Data Tab in Power BI you will see a lot of blank rows. Is there a way in Power BI so that isn’t the case? Or would I have to figure out a way to do it in Excel first and then upload to Power BI?

CSAssessmentEDIT.xlsx (11.7 KB)

Hello @lbarron20
I believe you would need to transform in Excel first like I have shown. I am using Joe Brown Sr. as an example for how to transform the data before uploading into Power BI. The main thing is to copy and paste the fields with 1 entry into all 4 rows. This way you can have the same information for the columns containing multiple questions.

To me, this data is easier to transform in excel and then upload to power BI.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @lbarron20, did the response provided by @rktoff solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark it as solution. Thanks

Hi @lbarron20, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.