Multi Dimensional Reporting Data Model Problem

Hi there,

I have a reporting requirement where each row can be defined as the combination of filter applied from a set of dimension tables.

Ie row one of the report should be this account code and this cost center.

I am having trouble using the bridge tables or treats as the bridge table introduces ambiguity as it filters two dimension tables and treatas has too high of a performance cost.

In the below example, I have a fact table “spoke_forecast” and I have dimension tables “Org Mapping” and “Dim_Term_BPC”. These dimension tables have the full parent child hierarchy within their respective keys.

I then am attempting to use the table “Data_Element_Mapping” which has a keys to the dimension tables but the issue here is that the relationship is many to many.

Once that relationship is established, then I’m going to aggregate into the hierarchy model, which then maps into the reporting_anaplan.

*** READ FIRST ***

Before you send your question.
Make sure that all details relevant to your question is complete:

• Your current work-in-progress PBIX file - VERY IMPORTANT
  • A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing
  • A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your underlying data file

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Also make sure that your data file contains no confidential information. If it does, click the link above.

*** DELETE THIS MESSAGE IF YOU ARE SURE ALL YOUR DETAILS ARE COMPLETE OR IF THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS NOT APPLICABLE TO YOUR QUESTION.***

Hi @dleuschke ,

Welcome to Forum and for your very interesting question.

Could you please provide some sample dataset and pbix file which help find your solution?

Thank you.

Hi @dleuschke - Please share sample Pbix file to check further.

Thanks
Ankit J