Moving Data Flows and Report to a new WorkSpace

I’ve built a pretty large O365 Usage report using 8 DataFlows in our current workspace. A few of us got access to the Premium Per user this week so we created a new workspace.

I want to move my dataflows and O365 Usage report over to the new workspace.

A) The dataflows are easy to move, I simply extracted the json file and uploaded it into the new workspace.

I can’t seem to figure out how to change the DataFlow source in the report? I want the report to reference the dataflows in the new workspace.

What’s odd is that I see both workspaces when i click on “transform data”. However, I don’t know how to redirect the report to the (PUU) workspace?

Take a look at the next step in your M code (the Navigation step) - that should have a reference to the dataflow id, which can be updated to point to the correct source.
IMPORTANT - you need to change the ID only, and update it exactly as you see it in the Source preview.

Example - this is the dataflowid from one of my dataflows (showing in the Navigation step)

Stepping back to my Source step, when I highlight the Data column from one of my workspaces, I see the following (top image shows highlighting the Data selection, bottom image shows the preview that should appear below the table after highlighting):

2 Likes

Hi @chad.sharpe we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since a few days ago.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post?

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hello @chad.sharpe, it’s been a while since we got a response from you.

Please be reminded that In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi Heather,
I’ll give it a try, i did try this and it gave some errors in the script. But maybe i didn’t do it correctly. I’ll try it again this week.

1 Like

Hello @chad.sharpe, a gentle follow up if the solution provided by @Heather was able to help with your inquiry.

If we won’t see any activity from your end in the coming days, we’ll be marking this thread as closed.

Hi @chad.sharpe, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have any concern related to this topic, you can create a new thread.

Even though this topic is closed I want to leave this here for future reference.

1 Like