Moving Average Formula

Hi,

Concerning the “Ultimate Beginners Guide to DAX” course i have finished

their is a file in download “pack file” is Understanding Your Customers Better,

in Cumulative measures group their are Moving Average (No Zero),

my first question , in (if condition argument ) if the condition didn’t met you put “Sales”,
what is "Sales:,
i didn’t find any measures named Sales in the Module,

and my second question is , why when i applied the measure in a table it gives me first 6 days with no data , while theirs is sales in this days.

find attached 2 screenshot of the table and the formula.
Thanks,
Abeer Attia

Hi Abeer,

1. The Moving Average (No Zero) formula is referring to ‘Sales’ table .

And to be able to look at your second question, can you please attach a screenshot of the table involved?

Thank you.

Hi Abdelalib,

find attached the table involved. i put all the measures in one table to see the difference,
Thanks,
Abeer

Thanks Abeer,

The number ‘7’ in the IF statement is probably telling DAX to ignore the first 6 records of the Dates table.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi @Abeer, did the response provided by @AbdelaliB help solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hello @Abeer, it’s been a while since we got a response from you.

Just following up the information the experts requested above so they can help you further.

Please be reminded that In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hello @EntrepriseDNA,

@Abeer is the one who created this topic, and was only trying to help.

Thank you.

Hi @AbdelaliB

Sorry for the confusion. Post has been edited.

Hi @Abeer, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.