Model view bugs

Hi all,

The data model for one of my files has gone haywire. When I first open it no connections are visible. If I move fact tables around, the connections suddenly appear, odd. One of my fact tables I recently added can’t be moved and when i click it the expand collapse views go weird:

If I move my dim tables the connections don’t move with them:

This is only affecting one of my files. I upgraded to the July PBI version, don’t know if it’s related but it happened after the upgrade.

Any idea how to solve?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi @Timmay,

I have the most updated version of July 2023

Everything seem to fine with mine.

Maybe, your pc just need a reboot and reload the power bi file again.

thanks
Keith

yes, already did the reboot thing, turned pc off, made sure windows was updated, ran cc cleaner, still no luck.

I would just delete the relationships and redo the relationships again.

Is it with all power bi files or just that one?

it’s just for that one file, I suppose I could try delete the relationships, there are a lot

your file might be corrupted.

That’s not good, it functions fine otherwise. Is there a quick way to migrate everything over to a new file?

Tabular Editor

Tried it and got this error msg in tablular editor 3:

Will keep trying, any idea why i’m getting this error?

Are there any other errors in the Messages View window?

Does this look any different when you look at it in the Service?

Had a look around, found another post with someone having similar issues

Bug: Model View - Microsoft Fabric Community

I added a Layout tab, and clicked auto layout, now all my lines are back and functioning normally except that now the lines run under the tables but they used to avoid running under the tables, it’s not the worst but it’s more confusing when the lines run under the tables.

The weird thing now is that if I click on “all tables” nothing happens, I can’t go back to the all tables tab.