Memory issue when gathering data for customer

Hello,

I have a customer that wants to play around with their own data in Excel.
The problem is that the on-prem ERP-system requires the 32bit version of office to interact with outlook etc… The 32bit Excel does not have nearly enough memory to store the amount of data that the customer wants to drag out. I know that the 64bit version of Power BI can interact with 32bit office, but the customer really wants to use Excel. Is there any workaround for this?

To my knowledge there isn’t one. You can upgrade your excel to 64 bit. You might want to put a support ticket into Power bi to see if they have a suggestion.

Why can’t you export the information into csv file instead of excel file?

In my past experience, using excel 32 bit always had the problem with memory but as soon as IT area upgrade excel to 64 bit it really helped. Upgrading your ram capacity might help too.

You might be out of luck.

I hope this helps.
Keith

1 Like

Hi @noelm, did the response provided by @Keith help in solving your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hello @noelm, did the response above help solve your query? It’s been a while since we got a response from you. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @user, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.