Measure Not working in Power BI Service

Hi,

This is a generic question and quite likely I will post a model/PBIX in a separate post depending on replies.

Is there a reason why, when a report is published to the Online Service into an app that some of the measures may error? Yet, when I refresh my desktop model they work perfectly fine…and they also appear to work when I’ve published the report into My Workspace.

Has anyone experienced this? It’s a bit perplexing. :exploding_head:

David

Without knowing more specifics, this is a difficult question to answer

• What type of measures are erroring?
  • Are you connecting to the same dataset in desktop that you are on the Service?
  • The question above is also referring to refresh status - even if you don’t refresh your dataset while you are working in desktop, when it publishes to the service, the data will refresh.
  • What type of connection are you using? Direct Query, Live Connect, is it a Composite model?

I cannot say I have run into the issue you are experiencing, but having some more information may help others to recognize what is going on here.

1 Like

Hi Heather,

I always try and give as much information as possible when posting a question, I was just a bit flummoxed by the scenario. Your reply has been really helpful for me to frame my question better so thank you.

I will look to get my PBIX posted later today and I will use your bullet points to frame my question better.

1 Like

I agree, the scenario is very perplexing, so I can understand why a quick post to the forum was in order :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Heather I sometimes get frustrated when I see posts without enough detail or a PBIX (but then some people are new to posting on forums) but I guess I wanted to test the water on this one so I appreciate your understanding.