Matrix visual : hide or show line

Dear friends,

I have a situation whereby I need to show or hide some rows in my Matrix visual based on two field in that matrix.
Background is like this example :

• I have table Orders with Gross sales and Net sales transactions, and I have create measures for this for just Sum of this each field. Lets called in TotalGross and TotalNet
  • This table is related to my Customer Table based on Customer column in Order table
  • So I’ve put Matrix visual contain 3 columns : Customer name, TotalGross and TotalNet

But I want the visual, whenever there is value in either GrossSales or NetSales, show the line but if both are zero, hide it. How am I gonna do that ? in matrix visual ?
I can’t create another measure like Total = TotalGross + TotalNet, and put this on the matrix and set if it is 0 then unchecked it in Filter visual, since there maybe a negate (plus minus) of these two fields that will make the result also 0. I still want to show this, if happened.

Something like this :

Is there a trick how to do it in the visual setting it self, or I should do something with the table or anything ?

Please help.
Thanks

@Toni You can use an IF statement to check

IF ( [Measure] = 0, BLANK() ) and after that those blank rows will be removed.

2 Likes

Hi @AntrikshSharma ,

Man, you are quick. anyway there are 2 measure that I need to check so I cannot use that.

But then come the more embarrassing, that every time we post something then the brain start to work the correct way. I just realized to solved the negate issue (plus minus), I could just create that MeasureCheck = TotalGross + TotalNet with ABS function on each, by this I can filter whenever the result is 0 correctly by using it in “Filter on this visual” setting.

Sorry for this inconvenience. Solved. :sweat_smile:
Many thanks.