Matrix/ Table Presentation

Hi guys
Does Sam or anyone else who has been ther have a nicely formatted matrix or table?
The standard MS options are a bit dull and just looking for some ideas.
I’ve looked at Sam’s videos dedicated to presentation but was lloking for something more specific to matrix or table.

Thanks
Pete

@Pete673
I agree unfortunately all options are a bit time consuming, you could try importing some report themes

Import a custom visual. Or spend valuable time formating one.

Best,

DJ

Hi @Pete673, did the response provided by @diego help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get, and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Not really. MS report theme learning is not something I want to get into.
I’m a finance director really, not a software developer.
But it’s good to know from Dieago @Diego that I’m not alone

Pete

Hi @Pete673,

Finance data is usually so rich people can get cross-eyed looking at it - I totally understand that pain point!

If you’re just looking at colors/layout, I suggest stick to the basic like make your row and column headers, and totals distinct from the values. Whether it’s a different background color, text formatting (bold) etc. Opt for tonal scheme, whereby you stick to a color, say gray, and use a variation of grays throughout the tables if there are certain columns you want to stand out from the rest.

But if your intention is to visualize tabular data to make it more digestible to end-users, I recommend adding visual signals to them. Here are your options:

Matrices

• Bubble chart
  • Heat maps

Tables

• Data Bars
  • Color by Categories (Status)
  • Color by Intensity
  • Shneiderman’s Overview-Zoom-Details on Demand Format

Unfortunately, there’s not a go-to catalog for tabular visualization online but I’ve put together some samples here for inspiration.

54b1f686e94e95aec8958488e267635c pastedImage_0

2 Likes

@crisgio,

Thanks - terrific post.

Hope to see more of your work in the Enterprise DNA Data Challenges.

• Brian

Thanks guys