Matrix row subtotal - income statement - financial reporting course

Hi,

How do I get the matrix row subtotal to display totals for Level one and Level 2?

I have used the same technique as in the course - Build Financial report in Power BI which works on a table, but I cannot get it to work properly using a matrix. I am referring to income statement part of the course.

The data exist for Level 3 as per below and matrix row subtotal is turned on.

A matrix subtotal name is not located in the fact table, hence the selection function is not picking up the Matrix subtotal name or value. Any idea how to get the matrix to place values in row subtotal for level 1 and 2.
tempsnip

*** READ FIRST ***

Before you send your question, make sure that all details relevant to your question is complete:

• Your current work-in-progress PBIX file - VERY IMPORTANT
  • A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing
  • A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your underlying data file

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Also make sure that your data file contains no confidential information. If it does, click the link above.

*** DELETE THIS MESSAGE IF YOU ARE SURE ALL YOUR DETAILS ARE COMPLETE OR IF THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS NOT APPLICABLE TO YOUR QUESTION.***

Hi @ElizabethTachjian ,

We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.

We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum. However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done.

Due to the length by which this post has been active, we are tagging it as Solved.

For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread. Please feel free to reopen this thread if anyone would like to answer the pending inquiry above.

Thank you!