Matrix Consolidation support

Hi there, I am having a few issues remembering how to consolidate some tables with multiple rows into a matrix style header in the rows. I need the 3 columns marked in one & count of jobs for each berth.

I could use some assistance with this or a particular lesson that would give a better refresher. Cheers

Hello @drew,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

Well, it would be great if you could attach the working of the PBIX file so that members of our forum can provide the better results efficiently. If your file contains the sensitive data/information you can hide the data and then provide the expected results that you’re looking for. One of our expert member @BrianJ has already created a video based on this topic about β€œHow To Mask The Sensitive Data”. I’m providing a link below of that video.

Just to get you started what you can do is select the 3 columns in Power Query i.e. Drafts, Running Lines and Pax Transfers columns and then β€œUnpivot” those 3 selected columns. By that way all 3 columns will be converted into one merged column.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Hi Drew,
welcome to the community.
As per my understanding , are you trying to unpivot to bring columns to rows?
if not, can you please elaborate a bit more for better understanding.
thanks

Thanks for posting your question @drew. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, a screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hi All,

Apologies, that one was a bit rushed and unclear before. Thank you for the responses & advice.

The re pivoting columns was enough to get me thinking in a different direction and have solved the challenge for today.

Basically a training matrix out of some form data to demonstrate number of jobs per location in the columns against the Task type.

Cheers

1 Like