Mapping checkout events

Attached is a pbix of checkout events. The goal is to build a report that shows the most frequent paths through the checkout process and where customers are dropping out. With the current structure of the data, I’m not sure how to show the “next step” of the process.

I’d really like to serve this up in a Sankey visual , but am not sure if that is possible given 1) the number of “pillars” ([dimEvents].[groupName]) and 2) the ability for users to return to earlier pages in the process. How do I structure the data to work for a Sankey visual? If a Sankey is not an option, what other visualizations do you recommend?
Checkout Events.pbix (1.4 MB)
Checkout Events.xlsx (944.9 KB)

Hi @npeterson - If you can provide expected Output, it will be helpful to help further. Anyways if you are looking for most frequent paths customers are following, then can make use of below pbix.

Note: Most of the work is done in Power Query.

Checkout Events.pbix (824.2 KB)

Thanks
Ankit J

1 Like

Hi @npeterson, did the response provided by @ankit help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @npeterson, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since May 25th.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post?

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.