Map visual with drill down

For United States, I would like to drill down to USA -->State -->Zip Code, for international, I would like to go country -->city -->zip code.

Please refer attachment for sample data.
image sample_data.csv (702 Bytes)

Hi, could you provide a pbix including international addresses. Interesting, you can drilldown using a hierarchy so you need multiple hierarchies to achieve this.
Paul.

@mrommala Hey Mate,
You can use this method.

from 2 : you can go down in list . country -->city -->state -->zip code.

You can remove state from row if you do not want to drill down to state level

Thank you @Paul @mrommala

Hello @mrommala,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

Well, I don’t think so this type of conditional drilling is available where if it’s USA then Country >> State >> Postal Code and for Other Countries, Countries >> City >> Postal Code. This is because under the “Location” section we don’t individual sections available for such types. But what you can simply do is use the “Bookmarks and Buttons” technique for this type of condition. Below are the screenshots provided for the reference for both the conditions -

A. USA Visual -

1.1. Overall USA Visual

1.2. USA >> States Visual

1.3. USA >> States >> Zip Codes Visual

Similarly, now for other countries, replace the States field with the Cities field -

B. Other Countries Visual

1.1. Other Countries Visual

1.2. Other Countries >> Cities Visual

1.3. Other Countries >> Cities >> Zip Codes Visual

I’m also attaching the Excel as well PBIX file of the working for the reference.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your requirements that you’ve been looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Map Visual With Drill Down - Harsh.xlsx (9.9 KB)

Map Visual With Drill Down - Harsh.pbix (27.9 KB)

1 Like

Hi @mrommala, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 23rd of October. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

@Harsh, @samharishk, @Paul , @EnterpriseDNA
Thank you very much for your valuable time.

I followed below approach to fulfill my requirement.

Initially, I have created calculated column (sub_location) as below:
sub_location = IF(‘rpt spt_client_product_detail’[country]=“UNITED STATES”,‘rpt spt_client_product_detail’[state],‘rpt spt_client_product_detail’[city])

and then used this hierarchy in map visual country–> sub_location–> zip_code.

Regards,
Madhan Rommala

Hi, if that works to solve your question, great. Initially I did the same thing, albeit in PowerQuery, but I did not realise that this was what you were looking for and went to see if multiple hierarchies would be the answer.

Hi @mrommala, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!

Harsh,
I had to dig deep in my libraries to find another solution, that I had at the back of my mind. It is not mine and I do not recall who posted this.Variable Legend.pbix (63.3 KB)
Also check

Paul

1 Like