Make a filter hamburger

Hello,

In this YouTube video Adam has put all his slicers into a hamburger. This is really great to save real estate when users prefer to use slicers rather than the filter panel.

Could anyone please show me how to make a “slicer hamburger”? Either by uploading an existing pbix, or possibly a youtube video or tutorial of some sort?

Thanks in advance as always,
Michelle

Hello @michellepace,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

Here’s the video link provided below explaining about how they’ve created a slicer panel using this technique.

Hoping this helps you that you’ve been looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like

Thanks Harsh!

@michellepace
if you need a working example of this method, I have implemented it in this sample workbook (tab named “Bookmark Pane Navigation”)

Not fancy, created simply to demo the logic.
Hidden Page Navigation.pbix (60.6 KB)

1 Like

@michellepace,

In addition, @datazoe recently provided a great step-by-step guide to doing this, based on her data challenge #10 entry:

Power BI Challenge 10- Supplier Insight - #100 by datazoe

• Brian
2 Likes

Hi @Heather - thank you so much for the sample pbix file. It took me about 20 seconds to figure out how the hamburger works with your pbix. Thank you!

@BrianJ, goodness I LOVE everything about Zoe’s report. Thanks for the link to her guide. Perfect implementation with a little more than a plain hamburger icon. Thank you once again.

3 Likes

Aww thank you!