Login Issues After Recent Update

I recently installed the May update to Power BI Desktop. I use Power BI Desktop on my work computer to do some of my personal development and EDNA Workouts. I have my onmicrosoft.com that I have never had a problem with logging in. Received the following error message:

Any suggestions??
T.I.A.

*** READ FIRST ***

Before you send your question.
Make sure that all details relevant to your question is complete:

• Your current work-in-progress PBIX file - VERY IMPORTANT
  • A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing
  • A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your underlying data file

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

*** DELETE THIS MESSAGE IF YOU ARE SURE ALL YOUR DETAILS ARE COMPLETE ***

Animation

Here is a flow of what happens.

Hello Matthew,

Question: Have you spoken with your IT folks to determine if there is anything that would prevent the application from otherwise authenticating? I would start with them first.

The screenshot you posted includes the URL seen below:

" Unable to sign in
Sorry, we encountered an error while trying to sign you in. Details:
Desktop applications wanting to use the broker need to provide their
window handle. See https://aka.ms/msal-net-wam#parent-window-handles

Hello @mbraun

Did the responses above help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

Hi @mbraun

We’ve noticed that no response was received from you on the post above.

Just following up if you still require assistance to solve your inquiry.

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hello @mbraun Matthew,

What was the cause of your issue that prevented the May 2023 release of Power BI Desktop from Signing In when using your personal Microsoft Account credentials? This would be helpful to other Forum members.

Hi @mbraun

Due to inactivity, we’d like to conclude that you no longer require assistance to solve your inquiry.

If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

This can be closed I tried several options and somehow they worked