Lock Down Object Feature

Question on General Power BI - Lock Down Object

I usually use the lock down object option in my power bi dashboards so users can not accidentally move around the objects and mess up the view but I realized that feature applies to only the objects on the dashboard.
I also didn’t want users to be able to change existing formulas, edit any written text etc but realized the lock down object can not prevent this from happening.
I would like to know if there is any way of preventing any changes or editing by users and consumers of my power bi desktop file.

Thanks,

Hi bimbbb,

There is currently no way of entirely locking down a PBIX file as this is the development file.

The online service of power BI is where you can publish your completed report and the depending on permissions you have set they shouldn’t be able to change or delete anything.

Hope this helps.

H

Hi @bimbbb, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 18th of February. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Hi Haroonali1000,

I’ll look into the online service.

Thank you,

Bimbbb