Link to power bi file

Hello everyone,
I’m not sure if this new version of power bi service still allow us to share a report for people outside our organization. We use to have that option before, and then we check which one we’ve send and delete it so nobody could use it, because anyone can access our report with that link.
Which option is?
Thanks in advance
Pedro

1 Like

@pedroccamara,

I believe you’re referring to the Publish to Web feature. You can still do this within the Power BI Service, but as of earlier this year Microsoft turned this off by default for security reasons. To use it, you’ll need to get your Power BI Administrator to turn that functionality back on and give you Publish to Web privileges.

The video below does an excellent job explaining the change:

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian
1 Like

Hey Brian!!!
Yes!!! That’s what i meant! Thanks a lot!!!
One last thing: i thought i could “publish to web” in any report of any of my datasets, but it seems not. I’ve try to do the same with another report, same dataset, and doesn’t show me the option “Publish to web”.
Any idea why?

@pedroccamara,

Great – glad that was helpful. There are lots of folks (@Heather, @ankit, @Melissa and many more) on this forum who know a whole lot more about administration of the PBI Service than I do, so I’m hoping they’ll chime in here as well, but my understanding is that the Publish to Web ability is not an “all or nothing” privilege, but can be granted by the PBI Administrator down to the workspace and even the individual report level. This could explain why you are able to publish some reports to Web, but not others.

• Brian

I will let one of the others chime in here, my admin knowledge is limited. And we do not use Publish to Web for our projects due to privacy concerns.

Trust you will find most details here in the documentation. Pay special attention to the limitations section.

I hope this is helpful.

2 Likes

you guys are awesome…such a nice job you’re doing here. Thank you so much