Joining Tables in Power Query

Hello!

I would like to join two tables in power query or via DAX formulae, which ever is more efficient. One table contains all the sales of products and the other purchases. My goal is to combine these two into one table as shown in the “desired output” tab of the attached excel workbook.

Joining Tables in Power BI.xlsx (17.2 KB)

Thanks

Hello @Harvey,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum and we really appreciate you providing the desired mock-up of the output.

To achieve this results you just had to append the queries in the Power Query. Below is the screenshot of the final results provided for the reference from Power BI which matches with your desired output -

I’m also attaching the working of the PBIX file for the reference purposes so that you can go through the transformational steps that have been applied into the Power Query.

I also recommend you to please go through the “Data Transformations and Modelling” course which is available onto our education portal.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your requirements that you’ve been looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Joining Tables in Power Query - Append Queries - Harsh.pbix (21.0 KB)

1 Like