Issue with PBI Gateway to table on Amazon AWS Server

I going around in ever deceasing circles trying to use auto refresh to get data from a PostGreSql table on Amazon AWS database.

In the model I have a small number of static data files which are stopped from refreshing automatically.

The only table that I am trying to refresh is the PostGreSql table on the Amazon AWS server. The message I get is that the credentials are missing yet I cannot find out how to correct them.

Any help gratefully received.

Paul

It seems you already use PBI Gateway to connect to PostGreSQL. Can you try the 3 alternative ways to connect to PostGreSQL from Power BI? Also, on AWS, have you added a rule on the firewall to allow Power BI Service’s IP address to connect to AWS.

https://niftit.com/connecting-power-bi-to-postgresql/

Hi again
Thank you for the above suggestions which I have tried but continue to have problems.

The situation is that in PBI Desktop I have had both SQL and ODBC refreshes working fine, albeit manually.

It is when I publish to PBI Service that things stop working.

I have created a On Premises Gateway but I get a mixture of messages.

ranging from “invalid credentials” to “gateway not configured correctly”

There was one message regarding an invalid certificate.

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I couldn’t help but notice your post about the issue you’re facing with auto-refreshing data from a PostGreSql table on Amazon AWS. It can be quite frustrating when credentials go missing but fear not. There might be a solution out there. Recently, while browsing online, I came across some interesting Developing on AWS courses that could provide valuable insights and potentially help you troubleshoot your problem. It’s always great to expand our knowledge, especially in the world of technology. So why not give it a shot?