Issue with Groupby - Date format

Hi Team,

We are facing this issue while doing Group By.
The format is in Date format already. We have rechecked on the data several times but unable to figure it out.

The error message is as per the screenshot :
" DataFormat.Error: We couldn’t parse the input provided as a DateTime value.
Details:
No date "

Please help us with any suggestions on rectifying this.

Hello @Nagi_k,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

Can you please attach the data file? So that members of our forum can check where the error is and provide you the results efficiently.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like

@Harsh My file is big …How do i send ?

Hello @Nagi_k,

You can upload it in a Google Drive and paste the link here.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

@Harsh here is the link

@Harsh Issue is in law_prep(2) when we do the grouping

Regards
Nag

Hello @Nagi_k,

I’m bit confused here. The Excel file contains all the data in the one single sheet whereas the PBIX file contains the multiple tables/data. So with which table actually you’re trying to group the data. And by grouping you actually mean to append the data or merge the data or two tables together.

And bit of explanation will help here.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like

Hi Harsh,

I have ulaw prep table which is created using other data set…since now the data set has changed we changed the source and there were newly add columns into the data set.

If see in advanced editor of law prep and law prep(2) both the fields are same but the data source is changed …so when we tried to do the same at group by stage in prep(2) we are getting this error.

Regards
Nag

Hello @Nagi_k,

I’m not able to see it in the advanced editor. When I loaded the file that you’ve provided to change the data source and to check the steps that you’ve performed during the transformations it just simply throws back the error.

Below is the screenshot provided for the reference -

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Hi Harsh,

I have uploaded the look up file in google drive

Regards
Nag

Hi @Nagi_k,

Can you try the following and see if that resolves the issue?

1. First although I’m not a fan myself, check if this option is enabled
  2. Next select the appropriate Locale (so don’t copy what is depicted!)

If you are still experiencing issues after that please provide a screenshot of the full error message, maybe that will reveal what is causing the issue.

I hope this is helpful.

Hi @Nagi_k,

Please check the values in the source for that column because there must be an issue with the data. Is the actual source an Excel sheet? Than just use Filter to see what values are present in that column…

Thanks Melissa i checked the source it is showing as No date in text instead of Date information. Due to which when we do group by we are getting this error.

Regards
Nag

1 Like