Is it possible to create this type of form or template with Power BI

I am a bit new to Power BI and have used Excel and Power Query to create a dashboard that combines data from different data sources. The dashboard is in a free form format and uses a drop down list plus VLOOKUP to pull data for a specific entity when selected. It also has a free input cell for user to enter comments on the entity and print for reporting purposes.

My challenge is an additional requirement, to have a details table below it, that shows the details from any of the data source when it’s linked data is selected. Can such a form be designed in Power BI and how do I go about that or can I still use Excel to get the details table.

I have attached an image of the dashboard in Excel.

HI @Obi, while waiting for other members to jump in, have you checked our Report and Data Visualization Summit if this has been discussed in one of the videos?

Dashboard (enterprisedna.co)

Thanks, I have checked the Report and Visualization Summit as you suggested but could not find any related content. Could you point me to the specific content you were referring to>

@Obi

Good day,

To recreate the form layout in Power BI it no problem at all - the data is still gathered from the source and it will show in Power BI. Let me work an example out for you to see what I mean.

Regards,

Federico Pastor

1 Like

@Obi

I just prepared a draft idea for you, a bit more of formatting and deco and the form will look great. Dataset out of my head, sorry if any wrong. I added a couple of filters for you to explore possibilities. Please see files attached.

I hope this helps.

Federico Pastor

Test Data_Forum.pbix (73.4 KB)
Test Data.xlsx (19.2 KB)

1 Like

@Federico,

Thanks, this will help a lot. I will see how i can adapt the file for my purpose.

Obi

2 Likes

Hi @Obi, did the response provided by @FPastor help in solving your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.