Incremental Refresh in Data

Hi All,

I was struggling with the incremental refresh option. So just wanted to check, if I have 4 tables in my model do I need add parameter on all the tables or only 1 table which has a large volume of data can be used for an incremental refresh.

As currently after putting the filter on my table which has high volume and after saving the changes when I select incremental refresh it gives a pop up to set up the parameter to data.
I’ve used the reserved keywords to setup parameters, still not able to apply this into my model.

Any idea if I’ll be doing something wrong has anyone faced similar issues while applying the same.

Thanks
Ankit

Yes,

You would have to do it on each of the tables. Here is a link to some documentation with step by step instructions.

Here is a great YouTube video as well:

Thanks
Enterprise%20DNA%20Expert%20-%20Small

Thanks @JarrettM

One more thing what if my table doesn’t have any date columns then how can I add incremental refresh in those tables?

-Ankit

Incremental refresh premises is on a “Date” field. If you don’t have a Date field in a particular table, you won’t be able to use incremental refresh on it.

Thanks

Jarrett

Hi,

I’ve a table which has date column but it’s stored as text in the database.
Can I change it to date and then apply the parameters. Would it work then?

Thanks
Ankit

Yes it would.

Thanks
Jarrett