Incremental Refresh | How to test if it is working?

Good afternoon,
I have done all the setups to start using incremental refresh.
Everything it is looking pretty good, following MS documentation.

Before publishing to the service, I would like to know how I can check that it has been successful, and the services is doing what it supposed to do?

I look forward to hearing some tips.

Thanks, in advance.

Ezequiel

disclaimer, I have not used Incremental refresh

There does not appear to be a magic ā€˜testā€™ button for this. So if I were planning to replace an existing dataset with an incremental refresh set, I would load it into a different workspace and run some tests over there instead of possibly losing the production version. Testing seems to boil down to - look at the most recent data (as well as some historic), and compare it to what you know you should be getting according to your source data.

Below are a couple of questions I found from 2020 on this topic in the community forum:

1 Like

Thank you Heather,
following your advice, I have created a new workspace.
Now I am playing adding info for different periods to check if the policy is working.
Iā€™ll share my findingsā€¦
Thanks,

1 Like

@ezenunez - best of luck with your testing!

Hi @ezenunez, good to know that you are making progress with your inquiry.

Did the response provided by @Melissa help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

I also hope that you are having a great experience using the Support Forum so far. Kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, we hope youā€™ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @ezenunez, weā€™ve noticed that no response has been received from you since July 7th. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there wonā€™t be any activity on it in the next few days, weā€™ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @ezenunez, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as ā€œSolutionā€. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.