Incremental Refresh for excel files stored in sharepoint

Hi
Just a quick question. Is it possible to set up incremental refresh on an excel file in sharepoint?
My research tells me excel doesn’t support Query folding so incremental refresh doesn’t work on excel files.

Some of the articles I am reading are old so wondering if you guys know what the current situation is?

thanks
James

Hi @jsavage. AFAIK incremental refresh is for database sources only … I’m not sure why/how query folding would impact … (Take this with a grain of salt … I’ve not setup IR in a corporate environment.) I suspect others will comment further.
Greg

Hi @jsavage ,
I saw some videos on youtube that might help you. Did you check youtube?

thanks
Keith

Hello @jsavage, just following up if the responses above help you solve your inquiry?

We’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since November 7. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @jsavage, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have any concern related to this topic, please create a new thread.

Hi afraid this operation is not straightforward even with incremental refresh for premium. I have had to revert to merging excel files in powerquery for now.
To learn more check out my threat in the PBI community https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Is-it-possible-to-set-up-incremental-refresh-on-an-excel-file-in/m-p/2176294#M64303