I’ve created a dataset with incremental refresh. I’ve set up everything, resolved all errors that have shown up, but now there is nothing incremental about the data load in Power BI service. It just does a normal import data load instead.
Here is what I did:
- Configure query in Power BI desktop with RangeStart and RangeEnd datetime parameters to filter the date column
- Initial data load to Power BI Desktop
- Configure incremental refresh for that table in Power BI Desktop to load new data for 1 day (which hopefully is today and not yesturday or today and yesturday!?) and keep data for last 10 years
- Publish to Power BI service: Now the same data that I have in the pbix file is available in the service, which is what I wanted.
- Setup gateway and credentials for data source
- Setup daily scheduled refresh for dataset
- Run a manual refresh: Now all old data is deleted and only todays data is available (if RangeStart in the pbix file includes today, otherwise even no new data is loaded!)
So far, no errors, everything looks fine. Now, when I run a refresh of this dataset, again no errors. But Power BI Service does an ordinary import refresh, no difference between normal import in incremental: Power BI deletes all data and refreshes the query, even applying the RangeStart and RangeEnd values from the file, not the current ones according to incremental refresh settings and today’s date. There is no dynamic use of these parameters by Power BI service.
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? I’ve attached the pbix file.
Corona Deutschland 2020-03-21.pbix (106.9 KB)
Thank you very much in advance!