I cannot see any objects in Power Apps while I'm editing

I created an app from within Power BI. My goal is simple: when a user chooses a customer from a table, I want them to be able to add a note toa Sharepoint List that I have. Then after adding that note, I want the note to show up in the table in Power BI. I’ve watched countless videos on how to do it (the approach is always different), but I found a way that seems to be working. HOWEVER, when I try to edit the Power App this is how it looks in edit mode in Power Apps:

You can see that the workspace is totally blank except for the title and the Separator. This makes it very difficult to edit the form.

The highlighted fields at the left are what should be showing up. Shouldn’t there be data there? Or at least rectangles representing the fields?

When I go back to Power BI, here is what it looks like:

Capture2.jpg

What am I doing wrong? Please keep in mind that I know little to nothing about this app even though I’ve taken several online classes including the Power Apps Master class (the classes are old and reference things about the app that are no longer applicable…?) Recommendations on current version courses are welcome!

I’m very new to Power Apps and it seems to be very finicky and unfriendly.

From my understanding if an App is created within Power BI, any further edits to the App must be done in Power BI and not in Power Apps. As documented here: Power BI Power Apps Limitations
If you choose to use an existing Power App, the Power BI Power App visual prompts you to open the app in Power Apps. The visual then sets up the required components in your app so that Power BI can send data to Power Apps.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, I get the same result. I can “edit” the Power App from within Power BI, but when it (eventually…see below) opens, I get the same BLANK screen in Power Apps.

Also, another interesting thing that happens (it never used to do this; this is recent) is when I click on the ellipsis for the Power App visual within Power BI, it doesn’t open the the visual in Power Apps. It goes into “Focus-mode”. So clicking on “Edit” from the ellipsis:

Capture3

brings me here (still within Power BI). It’s like it acts as going into Focus mode:

According to the link you sent me “Limitations of the Power Apps visual”, it’s supposed to go right into editing the Power App. That only happens after I click “Back to report” from focus-mode."

I have found that I can only see the data linked between Power BI and Power Apps by re-creating the Power App in Power BI, then when it opens in Power Apps, I can see the data. But as soon as I close Power Apps, I never see the data while editing the Power App ever again! This is my 5th try!